View the Storefronts
- What are CollectorsBookMarket Storefronts?
- What are the fees?
- Can I bulk upload my records from a book inventory program?
- Can my Storefront have its own domain name?
- How long does it take to open my Storefront?
- What kind of content can I put in my Storefront?
- How can I make changes to my Storefront?
- How much computer knowledge is required?
- What types of payments can I accept through my Storefront?
- Does CollectorsBookMarket process credit card payments for sellers?
- How is CollectorsBookMarket different from other sites?
1: What are Storefronts?
A: Storefronts are unique web pages within CollectorsBookMarket that
sellers can customize to create their own "website". All of the
seller's BookMart listings are automatically included in their Storefront.
- HTML or programming
knowledge is not necessary.
- Storefronts are available to members with a 'Storefront' subscription level
- Buyers can browse or search a Storefront to find additional titles from the
save on shipping.
- CollectorsBookMarket hosts and maintains your store - No additional fees, no software to purchase or install.
- Sellers can create their own Storefront page or
CollectorsBookMarket can build your Storefront page for you.
- Completely customizable, there are no pre-packaged formats you have to use.
- You choose layout, colors, images, logos, links, and content.
- Link to your existing website, your listings on another site, or your online auctions
on other sites.
- Additional pages available for special content, newsletters, etc.
2: What are the fees?
A: Subscription rate for the Storefront level is $20 per month or $200
per year. You
can list up to 1000 ads at any one time. There are no
mandatory commission or final value fees because all transactions are direct
between the buyer and seller (we don't get involved unless there is a
problem). This keeps our overhead low.
We encourage sellers to direct
buyers to their own site, to other venues, or to have the buyer contact them by
phone to complete the sale. Our strategy is to provide sellers with a venue
where they can advertise their books or book related items for simple listing fees (plus any optional listing enhancement fee
they choose). Click here for the
complete fee schedule.
3: Can I bulk upload my records from a book inventory program?
A: Yes, but it requires a Patron Level subscription*.
An important consideration is that CollectorsBookMarket is
structurally different from fixed-price book selling sites. The Per Item
listing format is more similar to eBay than to the format at the major fixed
price venues, and we have unique fields in our system that enable our
powerful search and browse features. Our simple bulk upload process uses a
"staging area" where sellers can easily edit their listings
to take advantage of our special fields and to upload images (images are
required on all CollectorsBookMarket.com ads). Otherwise, all existing
field content in your inventory system is automatically mapped into the
appropriate fields in our system.
CollectorsBookMarket currently supports uploading from the following programs.
- Any program that can export in UIEE format
- Any program that can export in tab-delimited format
- Any program that can export in comma-delimited format
- Inquire about other formats
*Until we can hire more staff, we are restricting bulk
uploads to sellers at the 'Patron' level and above, because each seller who
bulk uploads will have a personal contact person to help build a custom upload
template and to resolve any problems.
4: Can my Storefront have its own domain name?
A: Yes. If you already have a domain name, then we can "redirect" it to
you Storefront homepage. If you don't have a domain name, then we can help register a domain name for you.
5: How long does it take to open my
A: The actual set-up time can be as little as one hour depending on how
much custom content you want. The first step is to register at CollectorsBookMarket (it's fast and free, no credit card required), then post at least
one listing to put into your Storefront. Next, contact the administrator to
discuss your Storefront content and make arrangements to provide the necessary
copy, images, and/or logos (custom logo and graphic design is available for a
small hourly charge). Once the administrator has your content, your
site will be built as soon as the appropriate block of time is available
(usually within one or two days). Once the storefront is built, you can
edit it at any time.
6: What kind of content can I put in my
A: Within reason, just about anything.
- Information about you and/or your business
- Images and graphics
- Links to your website or listings on other sites
- Your email address
- Your shipping, payment, and return policies
- Your other internet or business services
- Pictures of you, your kids, or even your pets.
What you can't put in your Storefront:
- Illegal or copyright infringement items
- Adults-only oriented material
- Gambling or pyramid scheme solicitations.
- Items not in your physical possession (no third party sellers)
- Malicious code or links to sites that install spyware, adware, or other
intrusive or destructive programs
7: How can I make changes to my
A: Once your Storefront is active, you can edit the content at any time
by using the Edit my Storefront link in the Bookmart Options drop-down in the
Bookmart masthead bar.
8: How much computer knowledge is required?
A: No special computer knowledge is required beyond basic computer skills and being able to access the Internet.
9: What types of payments can I accept through my
A: Whatever payments you normally accept for your merchandise. All
transactions are direct between the buyer and seller, we don't get involved
unless there is a problem. If you direct your buyer to another site, they
use the payment options available there.
10: Do you process transaction credit card payments
A: No. In order to keep our overhead as low as possible, we do not
get involved in the individual transactions between buyers and sellers.
11: How is CollectorsBookMarket different from other
A: CollectorsBookMarket is a niche market site built for buyers
and sellers of collectible and investment quality books. Common titles are
discouraged and poorly described items are not allowed.
- Auction, Fixed Price, Barter, Linked, and Clearance Auction Ad formats
- All transactions are direct between the seller and the buyer - We don't get
involved unless there is a problem.
- Nested (subcategories appear in their parent categories) antiquarian,
collectible, and bookarts book
Visual format: Quick-view Ad headlines for easy browsing
Free oversized Thumbnail images on Ad headlines
200 character Ad headlines
Free Special Icons (1st, Signed, etc.)
Alternate Gallery view for visual scanning
True Browsing: Browse and Advanced Search options
not available on any other site.
Ad Alerts - get notified when items matching your alert criteria are placed.
Up to 10 Free Images per listing (easy uploads)
90-day listings (except on auction ads which have a 30-day